Published 12 days ago, by Justus Fokker
SkinVision offers a unique and scientifically-proven technology that empowers individuals to assess their skin for signs of skin cancer. SkinVision is available worldwide and is currently used by millions of people. SkinVision is an established business with many customers and large stakeholders like Dermatology Groups and Associations, Skin Research Groups, Insurance Companies and Regulatory Bodies. These stakeholders expect the highest quality and reliability of SkinVision in terms of technology operations and accuracy of the service, given the high responsibility of these groups.
We are looking for a lead developer who believes in what the SkinVision technology can mean for millions of people around the world to join our team and bring our platform to the next level.
In this position, you’ll be the bridgehead for our Amsterdam-based development team. You will work closely with the business and technical teams to establish and maintain a solid and high-quality platform, development and deployment processes while at the same time being smart about the solutions we adopt. Our platform runs on Amazon AWS and needs to be highly available and scale cost-effectively, while at the same time meeting the regulatory requirements for security and privacy. SkinVision has big data at its heart.
Our technology stack consists of Ruby on Rails, Java, Amazon EC2, RDS (Postgres) & Redshift, SQS and various other components.
What we are looking for:
- You love the challenge of bringing our platform to the next level.
- You are able to make the translation between business and technical fields.
- Solid Ruby on Rails 4/5 experience: from building, running and maintaining to employing Rails’ best practices (including security).
- You have experience with (REST) API design and know the do’s and the don’ts.
- Amazon AWS: experience with deploying/running systems on AWS. You understand the infrastructure needs to deploy a system robustly and in a highly available way.
- DevOps experience with a focus on quality is a definite plus - at the very least you have experience with automated deployments (Capistrano), automated testing and Continuous Integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins.
- Solid experience with scrum / agile estimation - you know how to manage your work effectively/predictably and to work with a team.
- You understand how you can use data to improve not only the function of the platform, but also how to make it operate even better.
- Java, SQL and performance optimization is a plus.
What you can expect:
- A highly dynamic startup environment in Amsterdam
- Your work will save lives every day, and makes an impact globally
- Help the SkinVision app to bring down the mortality rate of skin cancer drastically
- Work with a very close team and be involved in key decisions on the product
- Competitive salary and additional perks
- And obviously: unlimited skin checks for you, your family and your friends :)
Apply by sending us a short motivation, and attach a 1-page CV with relevant experience: email@example.com